Community Grants are for requests to support breast cancer diagnostic services, patient navigation, and support programs. In line with the findings of our most recent Community Profile, projects should focus on at least one of the following programmatic objectives listed in order of priority:
1. Applications must be submitted in English
2. All grant project activities must take place in LA County
3. No more than one application per programmatic objective per organization will be considered.
4. Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer; e.g. if a project is a combined breast and cervical cancer project, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion
5. Requested funds cannot be duplicative, i.e., you may not request funds for services that could be covered by Family Planning, Access, Care and Treatment Program (Family PACT), Every Woman Counts, or Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP)
6. Any current grantees that have not complied with or completed their grant requirements are ineligible for funding consideration for 12 months
7. Applicants must be a US nonprofit organization (e.g. nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government agencies and American Indian tribes are eligible) and be able to provide a current (within 10 years) 501(c)(3) or comparable document from the Internal Revenue Service in the name of applicant or fiscal agent
8. If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant during this current cycle; applicant will not be eligible to apply for a new grant until 12 months after the conviction or until applicant can demonstrate that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur
To apply for a Komen Community Grant, applicants must first submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) electronically by 5pm PST on November 1, 2013. After a successful pre-screening of an LOI, organizations are invited to submit a full application and will receive a request for applications. Full applications will be due by 5pm PST on December 18, 2013.
Please click here to download the Letter of Intent forms.
October 1, 2013 Request for Letters of Intent Released
November 1, 2013 Letters of Intent Due
November 18, 2013 Request for Application Released (Invitation Only)
November 21, 2013 RFA, GeMS, and Grant Writing Workshop
January 3, 2014 Applications Due
March, 2014 Award Notifications Released
April 1, 2014 Contracts Begin
April, 2014 Mandatory Grantee Meeting
March 31, 2015 Contract Ends
Please direct all questions about the application process to: